Saturday 14 November 2009

5km - Basingstoke ParkRun

I've been meaning to go back to Parkrun for a while now, the last time I went (at the end of August) I managed to achieve my mini-goal of finally running a sub-35 minute 5km - my time was 34:26.


A few weeks after this I ran my first 10km - a bit quicker than double my 5km time, so I knew I should be able to get a quicker 5km PB. So I set my next goal at Sub-33 minutes.

Over the past couple of months I've been focusing on building up my distance, and hadn't run a 5km race in that time until today.


Why all the back story? So that hopefully you will understand how pleased I am with my time today of 31:52! :) I even got a mention in the ParkRun newsletter for my PB: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/basingstoke/News.aspx (Event 71).

If I wasn't there, I'd never have believed I could run that fast! :D

1 comment:

  1. Wowza! Go you! :-)

    Overdistnace training def helps bring down the times, that and blooming hard work! Thats a massive chunk off and flying in your pics too!

    Well done :-) sub 60 tomorrow? x

    ReplyDelete