Sunday 14 March 2010

I did it! :D

Last time I went to parkrun (4 weeks ago) I smashed my previous PB (31:52 from Nov) getting a new PB of 30:10, bringing a sub-30 5km within reach for the first time. When I started running almost a year ago, sub-30 5km was one of those 'I'd love to achieve one day' goals - and its been on my goal list for the past 9 months or so.


After my last attempt, I couldn't run Frimley Lodge parkrun again until today, due to my training for Bath Half. I only needed to take 11 seconds off - a seemingly easy task. I really pushed myself the whole way round - I did the first loop in 14:30, so was well on target, but my legs got tired and I felt like I really slowed down, I forced myself to pick it up again for the last km or so.


I've just seen the official results - 29:20. Needless to say I'm very happy I can now cross this off my goal list :) I guess I'll have to aim for a new time now - if I keep this up I may well be representing GB at the 2032 Olympics! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment